2.27.2004

An Excellent Review of The Passion (CNN)

Paul Clinton, a reviewer for CNN, pretty much echoes my opinions about the movie. He says:

""The Passion" is ultimately a movie -- and a masterful one at that, obviously the work of an extremely talented filmmaker. "

"With little actual dialogue, James Caviezel is astounding as Christ."

"The Passion... is not anti-Semitic, nor do I believe Gibson promotes any such feelings in the film. But... anyone who is predisposed towards anti-Semitism could easily twist this film... This, however, is nothing new. People have been distorting the Bible to fit their own beliefs for centuries. "

I urge you to read the whole article.

EXTRA: Without any prior knowledge of the story or the history of the Western world, no one would be incited to violence against the Jews. I do honestly think that one might say, though, that the Romans are incurably evil, and must be eliminated. We shall see. I predict that anti-Italian riots will start soon.