5.26.2004

Shrek 2

I saw Shrek 2 with Jeff last night, after he kicked my ass in Monopoly. It was pretty good. Now I want to see the first one. Somehow, that movie slipped through. I generally see computer animated movies, because they're more fun.

The thing that really struck me about the movie was that it's not a kid's movie. I don't mean that it's inappropriate for children, just that it's not geared to them. There are blatant references to Lord of the Rings, Spiderman, and Cops, and the humor is sexual or crude. Thus, it is obviously a movie for high school kids. Overall, it's a very good sequel. Note: some of the jokes are too predictable. I started to laugh at the jokes before the punchline came. Two or three lines before the punchline ^^.

I won't give away the ending, but I thought that it was odd (and firmly established Shrek as an anti-fairy tale).